Thursday, April 9, 2009

Eagle 16 Drizzle miles - Buy a Day on the Eagle Road - 4-9-09

Didn't  head too far into the hills today because the skies pelted me with  inadvertent rain drops the whole day long. I didn't want to have to ride a long ways back home in the wet, so I did just 16 not too distant miles. By the time the day was done, I did spend the last three miles in a light rain. At left is Stanford Ave. At right, which you cannot see, is the massive Stanford Campus.






Because I now have a camera that is easy to use to 
take good quality pictures with, I am able to use  it to show  you what the trees that cover the Junipero Serra (Foothill Expwy) bike lane look like as I pedal into them.  









While I'm showing you the bike lane, at left is what I see over the tops  of six foot fences.....








At right is a photo you have seen before of the Eagle at the Stanford Campus. It is a lot clearer with this new camera!!








At left is Valapraiso Ave., a well paved road with wide bike lanes and well mannered cars that runs east to west from the base of the foothills to El Camino Real and Middlefield Roads




Besides debuting my new camera, I also collected my first,  on the street, Buy a Day on the Eagle Road to Boston space reservation. Marty Reininger who once was able to gauge my progress by the degree of red in the urine bag that sat at the end of my bed when my kidney got ruptured by an errant knee when playing football two years ago, gave me a hundred dollar bill! He had asked how my ride was coming along and when I told him I was going to ask people to buy a day on the road as a way to get around the sponsors I keep losing, he bought a 24 hour period on the spot! 71 to go as a way to pay for motor home rental, gas and food while we (crew soon to be identified) are out there beating the NBG drum.  Do see how you too can be a  part of the ride by visiting our 7th Annual 2009 National Mayors' Ride ..... Yahooo!!!! 

Start 0ff
1 1.66mi Post Office
2 4.05mi Cut thru grounds for student housing dorms
3 7.54mi Fun Looking hill
4 7.73mi Stopped being fun when got too steep
5 10.94mi Trader Joes
6 12.22mi Path thru El Camino Park
7 13.52mi Go Off curb here
8 14.19mi Cardinal Bike Shop stuff
9 14.68mi Molly Stones
End 16.26mi


THX 4 all of U!!

Note: This ride is not about me but it is a celebration of all the people who have helped me get back to wholeness physically, emotionally, spiritually, and financially. This as I stand on the shoulders of giants to enjoy the privilege of riding this bike, the only Eagle in active use in all of the Western Hemisphere ...

No comments:

Post a Comment