Friday, February 6, 2009

An Eagle Joins the Busycle

My tour across the nation on a HiWheel will be done on a 50" Spillane Eagle. I have chosen this bike and the learning curve it represents because I don't want to walk up and down hills. Having already ridden across US twice, I know there are a ton of them out there. In fact, flat riding turf is far from the norm on a bike ride across America.

There are only some number between 100 and 200 of these bikes still in existence from the three year Eagle Manufacturing Co run that ended in 1891. The bike I will be riding is an exact replica made in 1991 by the legendary father and son team of Jim and Jim Jr. Spillane.

With a ton on my plate, besides learning how to consistently mount and then ride the Eagle, I must become good enough to run the camera and gps device that EveryTrail.com will be helping me track my ride with....

No comments:

Post a Comment