Monday, March 30, 2009

22 "Errand" Miles & PA Weekly on lines me with *Video*!

Got almost 22  miles today, half of which was just doing errands for the Ines Brunn performance this Saturday 4/4.  You  can see who I visited at today's Route. And as I rolled all about Palo Alto, just like yesterday when Faye, Alison and I were out, I heard, "Good luck on your trip". Though there were less people out today, I heard it more times than on Sunday! 

Seems more people are reading about my trip now because a photo of me is what opens  the PA Weekly on line edition! They even embellished the original story with two photos, one of which you see at the right! There is also a cool little video!!  WoW!! 

On my trip today which traveled from Menlo Park to Los Altos and Mountain View, I enjoyed a warm late afternoon ride. On my way out of town I saw something new for me. There were kids on the football field doing wind sprints as they towed a small parachute. What a great idea!!

I also am now finding myself looking for higher and higher curbs to roll down. Fun. Who knows, would that not be a gas if I was able to do stairs? And to top  it off get an opportunity to ride down the DC Capitol steps when I get there on July 21 !! 

And as my confidence soars and I keep dreaming about the privilege I have of riding this bike, would it no be insane if I were to become the first person to actually pedal (and not walk) a HiWheel both up as well as down the Rockies?? I know the old guys could not have done it, because roads did not exist for them to have done so until the 1920's at the earliest. And by that time, HiWheel bikes had long been replaced by the diamond frame upright safety that we know today, not to mention cars.... And the only Eagle coast to coast crossings (one for sure) were done well before the turn of the last century....


I realized today when I was out riding that an easy way to describe how this bike rides differently from the Ordinary HiWheel that most people know is just to say that a face plants is  impossible from the seat of an Eagle HiWheel!! 

THX 4 all of U!! 










Note: This ride is not about me but it is a celebration of all the people who have helped me get back to wholeness physically, emotionally, spiritually, and financially. This as I stand on the shoulders of giants to enjoy the privilege of riding this bike, the only Eagle in active use in all of the Western Hemisphere ...

No comments:

Post a Comment